The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

The Appeal of Video Essays
The Appeal of Video Essays
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 16, 2024
Building 2 Hallway
Beyond Clean Floors: Lorena's Story
Vee Morello, Staff Editor • April 5, 2024
PSA: PDA
PSA: PDA
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 4, 2024
Hosas State Competition
Hosa's State Competition
Estel Soriano Bergua, News Editor • April 4, 2024
Modular Building Delayed Yet Again
Jack Martin, Reporter • March 8, 2024
District Budget Re-Hash
District Budget Re-Hash
Olene Ordonez, Reporter • March 8, 2024

Puss In Boots: One Last Life To Live

An early contender for animated film of the year

On December 21, 2022, the movie Puss in boots: The Last Wish was released in theaters. The plot follows Puss in Boots, played by Antonio Banderas, has reached his last life after wasting all of the others. At the start of the movie, Puss In boots is at a festival where he was flaunting a lot of his moves that he had but one went wrong and he landed himself on a wanted list. He then goes to the doctors office and the doctor says that he is down to his last life. He goes into hiding immediately after this appointment. He goes to a feline retirement home where there is one lady and a lot of cats who take care of him. Goldilocks and the three bears end up finding him and luring him out of hiding, leading Puss in Boots to come back after he hears something about the Last Wish. Puss in boots runs into a few of his past friends who are also after the wish. While Puss in Boots and the Villains are all fighting over something that could lead them to the star, he sees Kitty Softpaws, played by Salma Hayek, who was one of his ex-love interests throughout his life in the previous film. They end up fixing their relationship and work together throughout the film. One of the villains who is after the star and is obsessed with magic, “Big” Jack Horner, ends up getting the star in the end and all of the other characters join together and defeat Jack before he was able to get the wish. Though Puss in Boots does not work well with others and is known for being a loner, him, kitty southpaws, and the dog, named “Perrito”, ended up creating a group called team friendship.

The cast, featuring Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Florence Pugh, and even threw in longtime comedian John Mullany. The cast played their own characters quite well, especially Antonio Banderas when he was playing Puss in Boots.

The storyline in this film was very engaging throughout the movie. The way Puss in Boots was down to his last life after using the last 8, that was a very clever idea from Dreamworks. The incorporation of Puss in Boots’ love life with Kitty Southpaws was a very smart idea as well. During this movie, Dreamworks showed in many different ways teamwork and selflessness. This was an excellent way to keep the viewers engaged in the plot, which was accomplished in no small part by the animation.

Animation in this film was easily one of its greatest feats. The animation in Puss in Boots: The last wish, was one of the best animated movies of all time. Dreamworks put into this movie animation that was one of the most spectacular of its era. The fight scenes in particular were a visual treat. Dreamworks dropped the frame rates so that the fights would give a faster and snappy effect which adds to both the digestibility and the impact of the fights.