The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

The Appeal of Video Essays
The Appeal of Video Essays
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 16, 2024
Building 2 Hallway
Beyond Clean Floors: Lorena's Story
Vee Morello, Staff Editor • April 5, 2024
PSA: PDA
PSA: PDA
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 4, 2024
Hosas State Competition
Hosa's State Competition
Estel Soriano Bergua, News Editor • April 4, 2024
Modular Building Delayed Yet Again
Jack Martin, Reporter • March 8, 2024
District Budget Re-Hash
District Budget Re-Hash
Olene Ordonez, Reporter • March 8, 2024

Summer concerts are back in Washington State

Summer is just around the corner and Covid restrictions are being let up, letting us face a sense of normalcy. Many activities are being deemed as safe and teens cannot wait to get back out there. With auspicious feelings regarding the upcoming summer a highly anticipated activity is live music. Concerts seem to be a once in a lifetime experience for most youth. Everyone remembers their first concert but the pandemic has seemed to fog out everything that happened before last march. Now allow me to jog your memory, with different genres such as; country, metal, rap/hip-hop, pop, and rock Washington has many concerts to provide. With artists being able to reschedule their delayed tours/ concerts there are many events set in Washington. With big names such as Justin Beiber, Maroon 5, Backstreet Boys, Harry Styles, Nelly, Alicia, Jonas Brothers, and The Beach Boys. The venues that these artists will perform at include the Tacoma Dome, Ilani Cowlitz Ballroom, WAMU theater, White River Amphitheatre and Sunlight Supply Amphitheater. These are very popular venues and are open to all ages. Ticket prices to see these artists range from the average $90 to a steady $150 or higher for standard seating. Now if you want pit tickets that is a whole different story, they can sell for $800 or more per ticket. While you can choose whether or not it is worth the money, concerts are still a memorable experience no matter who you see. Smaller more local concerts would be stationed at places like Redmond Firehouse, The Vera Project, BECU Live Outdoor Venue (in western Washington), and Neumos. On August 6th there is a free outdoor concert at the mural at Seattle Center. These are all family friendly and welcome all ages. Many local bands and smaller local artists can perform at these venues. Be sure not to skip over these because they may not be millionaires but the talent and fun is still there. For many of these concerts Covid safety guidelines haven’t been released yet. It is unknown if masks are required for everyone and if seating is different for vaccinated people or unvaccinated people. Honestly I am not too sure that people care much about it. I recall hearing people say they would “Die for Harry Styles’’ so it doesn’t seem like a priority. But nonetheless I urge you to stay safe and be careful when attending these events because while Washington is re-opening Covid is still present and spreading. Many small gigs are booked throughout the summer but the big concerts seem to start late July through August, except for Justin Bebier who performs June 11th. For more information on tickets a trusted website is Concerts50.com. They show all the dates, times, locations and sell the tickets. You are only young once and only applies if you get old, so make sure to stay safe this summer. While wearing your mask, scream and have the time of your life, summer goes by in a blur so be spontaneous. Whether you have the time of your life or it’s an utter disaster there is always a good story in it for later. So have fun, and see you next year Jags.