The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

The Bad Batch
Devin Nance, Staff Reporter • June 24, 2024
Advice For the Future
Priya Balla, Ava Nyhus, Rekhaa Sivaramakrisnan, and Elliot Jen June 20, 2024
Summer Movie Previews
Devin Nance, Staff Reporter • June 20, 2024
Hosas State Competition
Hosa's State Competition
Estel Soriano Bergua, Staff Editor • April 4, 2024
Modular Building Delayed Yet Again
Jack Martin, Staff Reporter • March 8, 2024
District Budget Re-Hash
District Budget Re-Hash
Olene Ordonez, Staff Reporter • March 8, 2024

North Creek’s Got Prom

A collection of the prom dress trends and styles seen at North Creek’s 2024 senior prom.
Sharyn Mehner
Salma Saleh, Mihika Jain, Alyssa Tsinker, Nandana Manu, Leah Winn

With a variety of shopping options available, highschool seniors are no longer limited to the mall to find the perfect dress to wear to the prom. Many chose to get their dream dress from an online shop or boutique around town. Here is a selection of the different dress trends and styles we saw at North Creek’s senior prom on June 1st, 2024. 

Quincy Moran, Brock Fleming

Quincy Moran opted for a silky red dress from Idina Bridal, a bridal boutique located in the University Village of Seattle. Her favorite part of her dress was the deep v neck in the front, and the open back. Choosing her prom dress took time, “I tried on maybe like, seven, and that was the last one I tried on.”  Quincy said, finally settling on the sultry red number. 

Chelsea Yabut, Kush Bhavsar (via Instagram @chelseayabut)

Chelsea Yabut stunned in a gorgeous white off the shoulder sequin gown. She purchased it from the online retailer Light in The Box, and only ordered one dress before making her decision. She tried on the beautiful dress on at home, which ended up being slightly too big for her! “I actually didn’t pick white, I ordered it in ivory so it was gonna be like a little bit more like a champagne color, but then it came in white so it was too late to reorder it.” Chelsea said, when asked about why she chose the white color. The elegant style of her dress also matched beautifully with this year’s prom theme. “It also kind of tied in with the prom theme which was Royal Ball, which no one else actually followed but I was like oh this kinda looks royal-ish.” Chelsea said. 

Brynne Woodard and Kayla Jacobsen

Brynne Woodard and Kayla Jacobsen both wore bright, ballgown style dresses, complete with lace details. Brynne’s dress had a mesh cut-out on the side, and Kayla’s dress had tie details on the straps.

Sarah Fernandez

Sarah Fernandez wore a light blue two-piece number with gold detailing throughout. She paired her outfit with a shawl with tons of gold details, and a blue drop necklace.

Abigail Spiker and Kenny Castillo

Abigail Spiker selected a tiered burgundy dress complete with puffy sleeves and ruffling on the skirt. Her unique dress featured a sweetheart neckline, and the ruffles came together to a point.

North Creek’s senior prom 2024 at Hidden Meadows in Snohomish featured a variety of unique dresses from multiple styles. Students expressed their own personal style through their dress and accessories at prom.