The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

Unified Bowling
February 16, 2024
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
January 30, 2024
Girls Varsity Basketball
January 26, 2024

The Journey Begins for Boys Basketball

North Creek Narrowly Wins 47-45 against Redmond Mustangs
Cohen
Senior Silas Woodward(5) shooting over two defenders late in 47-45 Win.

Mondays aren’t usually everyone’s day, But for the Boys Basketball Team, IT WAS THIER DAY. The Team narrowly defeated the Redmond Mustangs 47-45. The first half of play from North Creek was a struggle, Silas Woodward was the vocal point in the offense this half of the game, and the team struggled offensively,  missing layups that aren’t impossible to make and not creating many easy shots. Heading into the season we expected it to be a high-scoring team with a roster loaded of players who could reliably score from past the arc. In the first half, we saw two threes made on fewer attempts than expected. Defensively they haven’t done badly, 29 points in one half isn’t much to complain about, the second half was good enough to pull out the win. Starting the half down 6 the defense improved while also bringing down defensive fouls, offensively the team created higher percentage shots of screens and drew fouls putting opponents in foul trouble heading into the fourth. The fourth quarter was back and forth between teams with both going on some exciting runs, in the end, North Creek won by not letting in a late-game bucket when the Mustangs had the ball with 14 seconds left down only 2.