The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

The Appeal of Video Essays
The Appeal of Video Essays
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 16, 2024
Building 2 Hallway
Beyond Clean Floors: Lorena's Story
Vee Morello, Staff Editor • April 5, 2024
PSA: PDA
PSA: PDA
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 4, 2024
Hosas State Competition
Hosa's State Competition
Estel Soriano Bergua, News Editor • April 4, 2024
Modular Building Delayed Yet Again
Jack Martin, Reporter • March 8, 2024
District Budget Re-Hash
District Budget Re-Hash
Olene Ordonez, Reporter • March 8, 2024

Books coming out in the 2024 School Year

A Preview to the excellent books on their way for the 2024 School Year

Less than 20% of teenagers read regularly while more than 80% go on social media everyday. Reading regularly is an excellent habit that every teenager should cultivate. It helps to improve your vocabulary, expands your knowledge, and enhances your imagination. Despite the numerous distractions present in today’s digital world, reading is still an enjoyable and productive way to spend your free time. So challenge yourself to pick up a book for something more than a school assignment. Take a look and absorb yourself in the reading world.

Most Ardentently (Jan 16)

Gabe Cole Novoa

Oliver Bennet is trapped by society’s expectations of him as a girl named Elizabeth. He finds solace in exploring the city dressed as a young gentleman. However, suitors are growing bolder, and his mother is growing more desperate to see him settled into an engagement.

The Djinn Waits A Hundred Years (Jan 9)

Shubnum Khan

Akbar Manzil is a ruined boarding house for misfits, except for Sana who is drawn to its history. The East Wing has a locked door and a worn diary containing the story of a young woman named Meena who died there a hundred years ago. Sana digs into the past to uncover old and terrible secrets that will change the lives of everyone there.

The Warm Hands of Ghosts (Feb 13)

Katherine Arden

In 1918, Laura Iven investigates her wounded brother Freddie’s death in Flanders and volunteers at a private hospital in Belgium where she hears whispers about haunted trenches and a mysterious hotelier. Freddie and a wounded enemy soldier form an alliance to escape, but must decide whether to salvage their world or leave it behind.

Icarus (March 26)

K. Ancrum

Icarus Gallagher is a thief who follows strict rules to keep his family’s secret. He is caught by Mr. Black’s son, Helios, who offers him a dangerous friendship instead of turning him in. They uncover the truth about their families and Icarus must choose between his escape and the boy he has come to love. Reaching for both could be his greatest triumph or downfall.

Where Sleeping Girls Lie (March 24)

Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé

Sade Hussein, a home-schooled high school student, moves into a prestigious boarding school with rumors surrounding her roommate Elizabeth. The girls known as the ‘Unholy Trinity’ bring her into their fold and she learns more about them. When a student is found dead, Sade realizes there are secrets surrounding the school and its students.

Funny Story (April 23)

Emily Henry

Daphne is stranded in Waning Bay, Michigan, with a dream job as a children’s librarian. She proposes to her childhood best friend Petra’s ex, Miles Nowak, who is scruffy and chaotic. The roommates form a tenuous friendship and a plan, which involves posting misleading photos of their summer adventures.

The Reappearance Of Rachel Price (April 2)

Holly Jackson

Bel, an 18-year-old, has been living in the shadow of her missing mother Rachel Price for 16 years. When the family agrees to a true crime documentary, Rachel reappears and tells an unbelievable story about what happened to her. Bel must uncover the truth about her mother and find out why she came back from the dead.

A Crane Among Wolves (May 14)

June Hur

In Joseon, the tyrant King Yeonsan abuses the people. Iseul leaves her village to steal her sister, but she discovers the king’s power. Prince Daehyun wants to dethrone his half-brother, but staging a coup is fatal. They reluctantly join forces to save their sister, free the people, and destroy the tyrant.

Crashing Into You (June 24th)

Rocky Callen

Leti Rivera dreams of becoming a street racer, but when Jacob Fleckenstein crashes into her life, she realizes that running isn’t always the answer. After tragedy, she vows to give up driving, but racing may be the thing that saves Jacob and herself.