The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

Unified Bowling
February 16, 2024
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
January 30, 2024
Girls Varsity Basketball
January 26, 2024

2nd In State

Originally Printed in the November 2023 Issue of The Jaguar Journal

North Creek Vollyball has made history! No other team in North Creek’s short history have ever reached the finals at the state level and after taking their only loss of the tournament in the final to Wenatchee, the team placed second overall.

From the start of the season it was clear that the team would be, but the question was how good would they be? By going undefeated in KingCo, going 13-0, and 25-3 overall throughout the entire season, placing 2nd in the 4A state tournament.

Going into the state run they would have to do without starting setter and Norfolk Commit Mariyah Young. This loss, for some teams, could shatter a team’s morale or confidence but for North Creek that wasn’t the case one bit.

The team put that resiliance on display in the tournament, not dropping a single set through the first 2 matches. In the semi-finals the team faced off against the number one seed Olympia Bears. North Creek was the underdog for the first time this season. The team made a statement by going up 2-0 in the match and going on to win 3-2.

Going into the championship game this volleyball team met and even exceeded all expectations people had going into the season.

From getting knocked out and placing 8th in state. To now playing for the state title, which was not what people would have thought if you told them thats what would happen at the start of the season. Unfortunately the team came up just short of the State title losing 3-2 to wenatchee. This volleyball season is one that won’t be easily repeated for awhile at North Creek.

In fact this is the first time in North Creek’s history that a team has placed so highly at the state level and to be the first to ever do it is to leave a mark on the history of the school that can’t ever fade away to time.