The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

Unified Bowling
February 16, 2024
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
January 30, 2024
Girls Varsity Basketball
January 26, 2024

Jack Charlton North Creek’s First 12 Letter Athlete

Being a four-year letterman takes an enormous amount of time, effort, and commitment. All the time spent at school for regular schooling along with the extra time spent at practices, weight lifting, and homework would push most people past their limits and not be able to handle it. For Jack Charlton, a senior at North Creek High School, all that work stood no chance. He knew how much work it would take and how much effort he’d have to put in. He is the lone North Creek football player to ever be named a fouryear letterman in program history. The school has only been in existence for five years, but regardless this is an enormous feat for a school this new. Most schools don’t even have four-year lettermen at their school and those schools have been open for many more years than North Creek. So for a school to have one in only it’s fifth year is pretty impressive and shows the school is headed in the right track along with their sports only getting better for years to come. “I take pride in being the first to achieve this at my high school, commitment is huge, specifically freshman year because you haven’t earned any respect or proved yourself to anyone yet,”said Charlton. Charlton has been a staple to the North Creek football team. Coming in as a freshman he needed to gain the respect of the older players, he did that when he was named the starting quarterback. This is where he would stay for his sophomore campaign and also his junior campaign. With two very successful years at quarterback, he made a transition that was game changing for the North Creek football team. He made the transition from quarterback to wide receiver to utilize his versatile and athletic ability. This allowed the team to incorporate more trick plays where his quarterback background could come into play and create more big plays. He also made the transition from not only playing quarterback and receiver, but he also made the change to play in the backfield as a safety. Allowing him to be on the field for both offense and defense. Charlton took full advantage of this opportunity by making big plays on offense and defense, which awarded him All Kingco 1st Team at both wide receiver and safety. This just accommodates and caps off all of his accomplishments for his time at North Creek. He also hasn’t just been the quarterback for North Creek but he’s also been doing the Decathlon during the track and field season. He has become one of the top decathlon participants by making state last year. Since there is no state this year, Charlton is going to attempt to leave a lasting legacy on the Decathlon from all his contributions towards the event. “Being able to achieve a letter all 4 years accurately reflects my time here at North Creek and I’m happy with the legacy I’m leaving behind,” said Charlton.