The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

Unified Bowling
February 16, 2024
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
January 30, 2024
Girls Varsity Basketball
January 26, 2024

NCHS Baseball is back

North Creek takes to the mount in a shortened season

For the first time in over a year the North Creek Jaguars finally took the diamond again to begin the 2020-2021 baseball season in what has been a crazy year for school athletics. With the spring sports season looking grim, the North Creek High School baseball team got the best news it could’ve gotten since the last time they stepped foot on the diamond before everything happening in the world suddenly came to an abrupt stop. Word broke that baseball would be happening again and that was the best news a sport could’ve gotten that only had 10 days of practice before being shut down due to the brace of Covid-19 outbreaks hitting the Pacific Northwest. TJ Rahmes, a senior at North Creek along with being a team captain couldn’t keep his excitement hidden when expressing what it meant for him to finish his high school baseball career the right way. “The past four years I have really enjoyed my time playing baseball, meeting new people, staying in shape lifting, and just learning more and more about the game I’ve played for so many years,” said Rahmes. TJ has had a very successful baseball career in high school and outside of high school, whether that is leading the team in batting average, calling the game from behind the plate making excellent pitch selections for the pitcher or just being a great teammate throughout his years playing. TJ works year round to perfect his craft and to reach his goals he wanted to complete. Whether that’s from the hitting aspect or if that’s the defensive aspect of the game. “My goals for the high school season is to go undefeated but to also have fun. My independent goal is to bat over 500 and to have no pass balls while catching,” said Rahmes. TJ has been a leader for the Jaguars even before this year and will continue to do so when he moves on to college next year at San Diego State university. Russell Walker, the assistant varsity coach couldn’t keep his excitement hidden as well for the sheer fact that there was finally going to be somewhat of a season this year. “For me it means quite a bit, This is the first senior group that for their entire high school career, have been North Creek Jaguars. The group has worked hard and to see them compete for the school is exciting. To have the seniors be around to lead the younger teams by example will help our program in the future. As of a few months ago, we were not sure we would get to have a season so to be out on the field is a blessing.” said Walker.