The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

The Appeal of Video Essays
The Appeal of Video Essays
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 16, 2024
Building 2 Hallway
Beyond Clean Floors: Lorena's Story
Vee Morello, Staff Editor • April 5, 2024
PSA: PDA
PSA: PDA
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 4, 2024
Hosas State Competition
Hosa's State Competition
Estel Soriano Bergua, News Editor • April 4, 2024
Modular Building Delayed Yet Again
Jack Martin, Reporter • March 8, 2024
District Budget Re-Hash
District Budget Re-Hash
Olene Ordonez, Reporter • March 8, 2024

NCHS Baseball is Back

North Creek takes to the mount in a shortened season

For the first time in over a year, the North Creek Jaguars finally took to the baseball field (also known as the diamond) to begin the 2020-2021 baseball season.

With the spring sports season looking grim, the North Creek High School baseball team got the best news it could’ve gotten since the last time they stepped foot on the diamond before everything happening in the world suddenly came to an abrupt stop. Word broke that baseball would be happening again, and that was the best news the sport could’ve gotten.

It only had ten days of practice before being shut down due to the COVID-19 outbreaks hitting the Pacific Northwest. TJ Rahmes, a senior and baseball team captain at North Creek couldn’t keep his excitement hidden when expressing what it meant for him to finish his high school baseball career the right way. “The past four years I have really enjoyed my time playing baseball, meeting new people, staying in shape lifting, and just learning more and more about the game I’ve played for so many years,” said Rahmes. He has had a very successful baseball career both in and out of high school, whether that is leading the team in batting average, making excellent pitch selections for the pitcher, or just being a great teammate.

Rahmes works year round to perfect his craft and reach his goals. Whether it’s defensive or offensive; “My goals for the high school season is to go undefeated but to also have fun. My independent goal is to bat over 500 and to have no pass balls while catching,” said Rahmes.

Rahmes has been a leader for the Jaguars for a few years, and will continue to do so when he moves on to college next year at San Diego State University. Russell Walker, the assistant varsity coach is looking forward to the season. “For me it means quite a bit. This is the first senior group that for their entire high school career, have been North Creek Jaguars. The group has worked hard and to see them compete for the school is exciting. To have the seniors be around to lead the younger teams by example will help our program in the future. As of a few months ago, we were not sure we would get to have a season so to be out on the field is a blessing,” said Walker.