The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

Unified Bowling
February 16, 2024
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
January 30, 2024
Girls Varsity Basketball
January 26, 2024

Security Cameras

Security+Cameras

An addition to the campus’ security system of three new cameras was installed across the North Creek’s Campus a few weeks ago, funded by a 2021 Technology Levy.

One of the cameras has been added in the front of the school so that during after hours, when the school is closed, the main office has the ability to communicate with anyone who might want to enter the school. That camera is also beneficial during the summer when the school is closed and staff or faculty might want to enter. 

The other cameras have been added to the first floor of the second building and the [third building]. Not to fear that the other cameras that were already in place around the school still function without a doubt. “One of the biggest goals with safety and security is zero incidents meaning we don’t want anything to happen that is a safety risk,” said Chris Pinder, the security supervisor, in an interview regarding the new cameras. 

A couple of these new camera additions also include a three-hundred-and-sixty-degree view of their surroundings, which is a great improvement regarding student and staff safety on campus.