The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

Unified Bowling
February 16, 2024
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
Baggy Clothes & Dad Shoes
January 30, 2024
Girls Varsity Basketball
January 26, 2024

Girls Varsity Basketball

The North Creek Girls Varsity Basketball team is one win away from making the playoffs this season with three games left. With a record of 9-9 overall and a record of 3-7 in the KingCo district, they only need one more win to make it. Today, the girls’ team will play against Inglemoor in the hopes that they will win.

Grace Pinder and Paige Geller both say that “ we are prepared for playoffs”. If the girls get that one win, it seems that the team feels confident about playoffs. Even if they don’t make the playoffs they had a solid season. 

The team needs to have chemistry to perform well in practices and games. “For the past few games, yes, “ said Paige Geller. Geller was talking about how she felt the chemistry had been this season and whether it was the best it had been this season. Pinder confidently said “yes” after being asked the same question. 

The team improved in many ways this season to get this spot but one main thing stood out. “Defense,” both Geller and Pinder said. Their defensive play had improved throughout the season, mainly their steals and blocks changing the outcome of a lot of games. Their defense was the biggest contributor to their record.