The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

The Appeal of Video Essays
The Appeal of Video Essays
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 16, 2024
Building 2 Hallway
Beyond Clean Floors: Lorena's Story
Vee Morello, Staff Editor • April 5, 2024
PSA: PDA
PSA: PDA
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 4, 2024
Hosas State Competition
Hosa's State Competition
Estel Soriano Bergua, News Editor • April 4, 2024
Modular Building Delayed Yet Again
Jack Martin, Reporter • March 8, 2024
District Budget Re-Hash
District Budget Re-Hash
Olene Ordonez, Reporter • March 8, 2024

A Year Full of Change

It’s 2024, and seniors are now finally in the year of many changes. After four years of being in the same school, with the same people, in the same city, these 17 – 18 year olds are now closer than ever to a completely different and new experience. With each having different plans for their future after graduation, this final year of high school looks a little different for everyone. 

In the early months several seniors spent the majority of their time engaged in the long and dwelling process of college applications. As Christmas and the New Year came around these have slowly concluded, and in their absence is now the feeling of finally almost being done with high school. 

¨Knowing I am done is really surreal,¨ says Masha Panova, North Creek High School senior. ¨I’ve been working at this for 12 years and to know I am so close is exciting and rewarding. But it’s also a little scary trying to move on with my life to new things.¨ Bree VondeLinde, high school senior in Minnesota is experiencing something similar. ¨I am so ready to graduate, it feels like something I have waited for forever. I’m definitely a little scared though, I have no idea where I’m going after this yet,¨ says VondeLinde. 

This transition period to a new phase of life is one that prompts a variety of emotions and feelings during this time. Seniors are feeling the rush of finally being able to graduate and move on, while also feeling the stress of being placed in a brand new and delicate environment. Some know exactly what they are going to be doing after graduation, while others are on their way to figuring that out. Regardless of their plan though, senior year is quite the emotional rollercoaster. 

Aside from just the whirlwind of emotions and feelings, 2024 is the year seniors will be able to experience some of the moments they have waited for all of high school. Prom, senior photos, graduation, college commitments, and so much more. Not only will this year be stressful/exciting, it will also be insanely memorable. Senior year is the year of change, but no less the year of great memories.