Get to Know the 2021 ASB Exec Board

The votes have been counted and the new ASB exec board is decided. To find out a little bit more about them, we decided to ask them a few questions, and here are the answers.

The President: Josh Bisssenden

The Vice President: Abhi Nagireddygari

The Secretary: Sruttika Srinivasa

The Treasurer: Ally Hjort

The Committee Chair: Afsoon Salehpour

The Clubs & Activities Liaison: Jace Cortinas

1) Why did you want to run for your position?

Josh: I originally ran for Clubs & Activities Liaison because I wanted to be apart of making decisions on exec but then get to connect And bring in ideas from the rest of the school via clubs and the various activities.

When I was first asked to be elected president I was shocked and curious as to why it wasn’t a senior taking the position. I had discussions with Mrs. Bosch about giving the position to Ahbi, who was asked to be Vice President. After talking to Ahbi about it, we agreed that he would take the role of Vice President and I would take President. So I guess long story short… I was shocked.

Ally: Well, to be honest, our positions don’t matter as much as you’d think, yes it’s important to establish roles, but everyone on exec is pretty equal and we should all carry the same amount of responsibility, as any team should. I chose to run for treasurer because I think I could utilize my strengths the most in this position.

Afsoon:  I was in asb before and I noticed the impact it made on our school and what leadership is all about so I ran for my position because I want to have an impact on our school and make it a better place that people love to go to.

Sruttika: I ran for Exec Board because I wanted to make the most of the time I have left at North Creek and become even more involved with ASB. I want to make sure that I leave high school having accomplished something that will continue for future classes, and do some good for the culture of our school.

2) What was your initial reaction when you found out you were elected?

Josh: When I was first asked to be elected president I was shocked and curious as to why it wasn’t a senior taking the position. I had discussions with Mrs. Bosch about giving the position to Ahbi, who was asked to be Vice President. After talking to Ahbi about it, we agreed that he would take the role of Vice President and I would take President. So I guess long story short… I was shocked.

Ally: I was excited and somewhat surprised.

Afsoon: I was kind of surprised but mostly excited for what was to come.

Sruttika: When I got the call, I was surprised, happy, and excited. I’m really looking forward to serving next year!

3) What are you looking forward to most about your future in your position?

Josh: I’m mostly looking forward to all the learning experiences that will soon come to help make myself and the school a better place.

Ally: Well I’m looking forward to not having to type out the meeting minutes every week, but also working with the rest of the board to better the school.

Afsoon: I am looking forward to helping north creek grow and being able to make a difference.

Sruttika: I am most excited about visibly seeing the effects of the changes that will be made, and being a part of the team that makes so many decisions and influences the student body for the better.

4) If you could accomplish anything during your year on ASB exec what would you want to do?

Josh: The one major goal I have during my year on exec… is to make up for our lost time during quarantine, and have a fun school year.

Ally: I want to get more students to other sporting events other than the most popular ones like football and basketball. Other sports deserve support and attention too.

Afsoon: If I could accomplish anything in ASB exec I would do my best to make North Creek a place that every single student loves and a place that actually makes them happy.

Sruttika: If I could accomplish anything next year, I would work on the school culture and make it one with even more school spirit, not just shown at football games, but through our everyday actions. 

5) For those in the student body who may not know you, how would you describe yourself/what would you want them to know about you?

Josh: I’m a people person and I like getting to meet new friends and creating relationships. I also love my family, and I always put them first.

Ally: Well I’m Ally, I’ll be a junior and the exec treasurer next year. I’m hardworking and passionate about making North Creek a school we’re all proud to go to.

Afsoon: I really like to meet new people and build relationships. I feel like I am a pretty caring and understanding person so I want the student body to know I will try my best to make their high school experience the best.

Sruttika: I would describe myself as friendly and talkative.

6) What is your go-to spirit wear outfit?

Josh: Go to spirit outfit would be black shorts, shreds, purple robe, and a jaguar cane.

Ally: Usually I go for purple vans, purple pants, any NC shirt, and purple and green shreds if we’re going all out.

Afsoon: Probably purple pants, a green shirt, and a purple boa. and of course face paint.

Sruttika: Probably my ASB shirt and jeans 

7) How have you been keeping busy during the quarantine/lock-down/stay-home?

Josh: Lots of yard work getting ready for summer and painting my room. I’ve also spent way too much time watching Netflix.

Ally: I’ve watched a lot of TV, I’ve painted, done some cooking and gone on lots of walks with my dog.

Afsoon: I’ve been baking random things, going on walks, and organizing/ cleaning my room. 

Sruttika: I’ve been keeping myself busy with my hobbies and Netflix!

8) What is your quarantine, could not survive without essential?

Josh: Definitely my phone. It’s how I keep in touch with people and without it, I would probably go insane

Ally: My laptop, it’s my main source of entertainment.

Afsoon: Netflix.

Sruttika: Either my laptop or my bed 

9) What do you miss most about going to North Creek every day

Josh: The noise of the cafeteria and being surrounded by so much energy.

Ally: I miss seeing my friends and my teachers.

Afsoon: Seeing everyone and being able to talk to people in person.

Sruttika: I miss all the fun parts of school that let us talk and socialize with friends and all the events that were supposed to happen like spring fling and lip dub.