The Jaguar Journal

The Student News Site of North Creek High School

The Jaguar Journal

The Jaguar Journal

The Appeal of Video Essays
The Appeal of Video Essays
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 16, 2024
Building 2 Hallway
Beyond Clean Floors: Lorena's Story
Vee Morello, Staff Editor • April 5, 2024
PSA: PDA
PSA: PDA
Sadie Berry, Staff Reporter • April 4, 2024
Hosas State Competition
Hosa's State Competition
Estel Soriano Bergua, News Editor • April 4, 2024
Modular Building Delayed Yet Again
Jack Martin, Reporter • March 8, 2024
District Budget Re-Hash
District Budget Re-Hash
Olene Ordonez, Reporter • March 8, 2024

Unified Bowling

Unified Bowling, Most wholesome sport in the School.

If you are looking for a wholesome experience in the world of North Creek sports, Look no further than Unified bowling. Unified bowling is a sport inclusive to anybody, meaning people with all abilities can participate and have fun. For Coach Bethany Though the sport isn’t about just competition or winning, “the most important part of it is how we practice inclusion and forming friendships with other peers to last a lifetime.” Inclusion and having fun are the main goals for the coaches of unified bowling, every year they try to bring awareness to the sport and to people who may think there’s no sport they can play or have fun in. 

“At the beginning of each season, Coach Diego and I work hard to bring awareness to Unified Sports. Inclusion not only should be talked about more in schools but also practiced each day. Everyone deserves to feel like they belong.” 

Coach Bethany and Coach Diego are both entering their third year as coaches and have seen growth in the sport at North Creek since their arrival, when they started they had 3 players. Now they have 23 players on the unified bowling team. To end the season there is a big Northshore-wide pizza party for the participants of the sport, they give awards and have fun to end the season. So if you think there isn’t a sport for you, or you think you won’t have fun. Give unified bowling a shot, you might hit a strike.