Battle of the Binge

James Laird, Staff Writer

Quarantine is still happening, and winter is upon us. It’s about to get colder, and we’re really going to want to stay inside. You might be wondering what activities you can do, or what to watch. Maybe you want to plug through an entire movie series. But which one? There are too many to choose from. To make that choice easier, a handful of NCHS students took a poll to decipher which movie series is the best. Let’s see what happened.

In a poll containing a handful of the most popular movie series. For a couple of days, the NCHS students participated in a march madness style game. The series included were…

• Star Wars
  • Marvel
  • DC
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Harry Potter
  • Back to the future
  • Indiana Jones
  • Mission Impossible
  • Toy Story
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Despicable Me
  • Rocky/Creed
  • Fast and Furious
  • Hunger Games
  • Transformers

In the end, it came down to Marvel and Harry Potter. Two of the most popular franchises of all time. In a very close race, Marvel came out on top as the favorite franchise. It really isn’t a surprise. At North Creek, you can’t go a day without seeing someone in a marvel shirt. Also, when Avengers: Endgame came out the buzz and excitement at North Creek was huge. Everyone was talking about it.

“I grew up liking superhero movies, so it was no contest. Also, I love the action in each movie,” said Jackson Endsley. They also said that the Harry Potter fantasy type movie isn’t their thing. While student, Meher Sukhija chose Marvel because “The action is great but the characters are funny and have good emotional moments. The interconnected storylines make it really fun to watch each movie.” 

Those opinions stretch far and wide, not just at North Creek. Each franchise that was listed in the game all had a lot of votes. There are clearly fans for each and every one. While Marvel came out on top this time, that doesn’t mean you can’t explore and enjoy any of those other films. They all are unique and have something for everyone. Who knows, maybe you’ll discover a new favorite.